Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How to study faster and easier?

What I always do is make notes then create my own worksheets. (fill in the blanks)

For example, Physics, the notes would be
• Friction
o A force that appears when 2 things rub against each other
o Opposes motion
o High when surfaces are dry, rough
o Low when surfaces are wet, smooth

And the worksheet would be
• Friction
o A _______ that appears when 2 things _________________________
o __________ motion
o ______ when surfaces are ____, ______
o ______ when surfaces are ____, ______

Pick out key words to fill in. This way it lets you test yourself and also forces you to remember. If you get it right, good, if you keep getting it wrong, well at least for me, if it comes out in the test I'll say "Hey I kept getting this wrong!" And I'll remember the right answer. :)

Try it, it works well for me! (I do this for nearly all subjects)