Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How To Study Chemistry

The inventory below lists behaviors that you should exhibit in order to excel in chemistry. Write true or false beside each of the following statements describing the way you study. The scoring scale at the end

1. I always read the lecture material before I go to lecture.

2. I go over my lecture notes as soon as possible after lecture to rework them and mark problem areas.

3. I try to work the homework problems without looking at the example problems or my notes from class.

4. I go to office hours or tutoring regularly to discuss problems on the homework.

5. I rework all of the homework problems before the test or quiz.

6. I spend some time studying chemistry at least five days per week (outside of class time).

7. I make mnemonics for myself to help me remember facts and equations.

8. I make diagrams or draw mental pictures of the concepts discussed in class.

9. I participate in a study group where we do homework and quiz ourselves on the material

10. I rework all of the quiz and test items I have missed before the next class session.

11. I realize that I can still do well in this class even if I have done poorly on the quizzes and tests up to this point.

The predicted grade for your performance in chemistry is provided below:

Number of True Responses

Predicted Grade
9 or more
6 – 8
4 – 5
2 – 3
less than 2
A
B
C
D
F

Note that you can change your predicted grade at any point by changing your behavior such that more of the statements are true.

http://appl003.lsu.edu/slas/cas.nsf/$Content/Chemistry+Study+Strategies+Inventory?OpenDocument

5 comments:

stoya riley said...

This site provides the importance of chemistry in human life and tells us how to study chemistry in the schools and higher level. It provides some picture to explaining the human structure. I cleared some point about the Anatomy in an easy method with pictures. This website provides more information about the sciences.

guillermo said...

My friend recommended this website for learning English but at that time I cant attract for this content of grammar. But with the passage of time, I realized the content of this site http://www.reflectionpaper.com/write-reflective-essay-help/, are easy to understand and remembered for a long time.

stoya riley said...

When I am students make more mistake during the taking examination but reading this article I came to know that the right way for solving the question of the papers. Through this reading,http://www.sopforms.com/we-will-write-for-you-statement-of-purpose-for-master-degree/statement-of-purpose-for-masters-in-education/, more students come to know the right way of giving the examination. The picture of this site is most attractive.

Anonymous said...

Good post, It is a decent advance by this writer who shares information about the books. Precisely when the backwardness and of psyche is overseen in light of fitting setting one up gets an unrivaled vision. Here you can see more information help you to discover more information about it.

Anonymous said...

Great site, This stage is so profitable for the ordinary individuals since individuals require this sort of the stage. I have no defenselessness about this https://www.phdproposal.net/how-to-write-an-a-non-empirical-dissertation/ info since it is for the ordinary individuals.