Monday, October 26, 2009

Med School Schedule

It was a table breaking down the courses that you'll be taking during the first four semesters of medical school. It's also one of those pieces of information that you wonder why you haven't stumbled upon before.

This is just one school's curriculum. I'm not certain that every school is exactly the same, but I'm sure they're similar. After all, the information they'll all be teaching you must contain the information necessary to pass the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).

Semesters 1 and 2
  • Developmental and Microscopic Anatomy I
  • Developmental and Microscopic Anatomy II
  • Biochemistry and Genetics I
  • Biochemistry and Genetics II
  • Doctor, Patient, and Society I
  • Doctor, Patient, and Society II
  • Neuroscience
  • Gross Anatomy I
  • Gross Anatomy II
  • Medical Physiology I
  • Medical Physiology II
Semester 3
  • Microbiology and Immunology I
  • Pathology I: General
  • Medical Pharmacology I
  • Behavioral Sciences
Semester 4
  • Microbiology and Immunology II
  • Pathology II: Systemic and Clinical
  • Medical Pharmacology II
  • Introduction to Clinical Medicine

No comments: