Monday, October 26, 2009

"How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper" by Robert A. Day

Undergraduate Research

This is a topic that will seem like review to some of you. But it's also a topic that I was unaware of (for the most) part, even through high school. It's important to know, it's significance is stressed in just about every single document I've come across, and it's something you have to do, whether or not you decide to continue with medical research or not.

Among a few other subjects, 'Undergraduate Research' goes under my "absolutely, must, have to" category as far as getting accepted into Medical School is concerned. I've spoken on undergraduate research before, this won't be the last time, and here I am again. Let me inject a new thought into your brain: If you continue on to a successful medical career, even if you do not plan on participating in research, you can be sure that you will encounter it time and time again.

Knowing the research process from beginning to end and participating in it for yourself, you'll be able to better critique and analyze these research papers you'll come across. By experiencing the research process for yourself, you'll have a better scientific eye when reading and hearing about current and future studies.

Learning and experiencing scientific research is to your benefit whether you plan on doing the research as a scientist or implementing the science as a doctor.

Here's the book that we're currently using:



It's written like a high school text, but it's very good. It's a nice break from all of the very dense, college level and graduate level books that I find myself reading day in and day out. For those of you who already have experience, you'll want to pass on this. For the rest of us who are experiencing research for the first time, this is a good introductory book.

I'd say that this book has the greatest benefit for all of you high school students out there who are thinking about a career in science or medicine. I guarantee that if you read this book before you go to college, you'll have an edge over the rest of your peers.

5 comments:

Ralph C. Kiefer said...

As economics is combined with math, logic, and science, it was quite difficult to complete a dissertation on this subject. So, I am rummaging through professional help. It imagines being the very adroit writer. follow the link to this site, you'll get more information about the education papers writing.

Ralph C. Kiefer said...

Lots of love from my side. I have taken a good place in my college for the reasons of my best admission essay. It was unique and best to highlight in academic side. It just has been possible for this trustful service. I need to spread the feedback to my friends. Go here to visit and gets some help for writing service.

Ralph C. Kiefer said...

As I have low GPA, I am very much feared to get enroll in college. The list of 10 colleges may be great assistance for me if I submit all the documents properly. I am very much pleased to about its recommendation and assistance. Check this site to get the essential academic writing help for you.

Hildegard Flatley said...

The use of money on make ways is basic for the general population and the enlightening field is best to spend the money. Princely people take a look at the site here should help the poor ones with getting preparing in unusual state colleges and in schools to enhance the overall population.

Hildegard Flatley said...

Educators shouldn't ploy against their understudies whom they don't love much like their most loved students. A decent guide settles on every one of the choices without keeping individual issues before eyes and important site make equity among understudies properly at whatever point they battle with one another.