Monday, October 26, 2009

"On avg, how many hours are spent studying for MCAT"

I figure if I spend 8 hours a day dedicated to MCAT prep (which is the same as a full day's work), reviewing the basic sciences is easily within reason. And at that time, I'll take a practice MCAT and begin the Kaplan course and begin again -- this time over a longer period of time, with in-class tutors, online resources, and time in between to take even more practice MCATs.

My Summer Schedule (with information included from Kaplan's Sample Syllabus which you can find at their website HERE.
  • Week 1: Examkrackers MCAT Physics
  • Week 2: Examkrackers MCAT General Chemistry
  • Week 3: Examkrackers MCAT Organic Chemistry
  • Week 4: Examkrackers MCAT Biology
  • Practice Test 1
  • Kaplan course begins.
  • MCAT Strategy & Critical Thinking I
  • Physics I
  • General Chemistry I
  • Verbal Reasoning & Writing Sample I
  • Organic Chemistry II
  • Biology I
  • MCAT Strategy & Critical Thinking II
  • Physics II
  • General Chemistry II
  • Verbal Reasoning & Writing Sample II
  • Organic Chemistry I
  • Biology II
  • Practice Test 2
  • Physics III
  • General Chemistry III
  • Verbal Reasoning & Writing Sample III
  • Organic Chemistry III
  • Biology III
  • Practice Test 3
  • MCAT Strategy & Critical Thinking III
  • Practice Test 4
  • Practice Test 5
  • August 22: MCAT Test Date
Crazy?

No one ever said getting into Medical School was going to be easy.

A little quick math in my head says that I have approximately 14 weeks of this Summer Schedule. I have 5 days a week (plus 2 days break) with 8 hours a day spent studying (with 16 hours for sleeping, eating, and re-gaining sanity) and that gives me roughly 560 hours studying for the MCAT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post you have added with theirs. How they can settle the patients with reasonable drug? They check https://www.bachelorthesis.biz/bachelor-dissertation/ to get some answers concerning every sort of pollution or chaos by then utilize this in the useful life.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post for the students to gain that kind of post. He should do true blue research on the point and https://www.cheapessaywritingservices.com/buy-essays-online-cheap-right-now/ site to collect entrancing data which has never been yet in a similar sort of article.